Jury selection in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Conrad Murray, accused in Michael’s untimely death, will begin March 24th, a judge ordered Monday. Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor also approved television cameras in court for the trial.
Judge Pastor had set the trial to start on March 28th, when Murray invoked his right to a speedy trial, during his arraignment last month.
But the judge later decided it was cutting too close to the sixty-day limit. “Absolutely, we simply can’t start on the last day,” Pastor said.
The opening statements are likely to be delivered during the first week of April. The trial is expected to last about six weeks, according to the defense and prosecution.
Murray, who remains free on a seventy-five thousand dollar bail, was not in court for Monday’s hearing. His lawyers said he was busy “earning a living,” with his medical practice in Las Vegas and Houston.
The judge blocked the doctor from using his California medical license until the trial is completed. The state medical board requested that be made, a provision of his bail.
Murray entered a ‘Not Guilty’ plea, at his arraignment last month.
Source: CNN & MJWN