Third Annual MJ Birthday Party In Las Vegas On August 29
On August 29, Cirque du Soleil and the Estate of Michael Jackson are inviting fans to celebrate the birthday of the greatest entertainer of all time, Michael Jackson.
The King of Pop’s third annual birthday party will take place at the Michael Jackson ONE Theatre at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino.
Tickets are now on sale for the 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. birthday performances Saturday, Aug. 29. Mandalay Bay also has created an exclusive offer for the birthday weekend including room rates starting at $72 and a gift bag. To purchase tickets and to book rooms, visit here.
Guests who book their tickets with the special offer code at www.cirquedusoleil.com/mjbday also will be invited to participate in additional birthday activities throughout the day. Details on this year’s events will be confirmed in the coming weeks. Last year fans from all over the world came to Las Vegas to participate in the celebration and took part in a private “meet & greet” cocktail reception with representatives of the Estate, Michael Jackson ONE story creator and director Jamie King and members of the show’s creative team; a screening of the behind-the-scenes documentary from Michael’s 2014 album XSCAPE, and a Q&A with record producer Rodney Jerkins; and a DVD/book-signing with director of the “Bad 25” documentary Spike Lee, author Zack O’Malley Greenburg (“Michael Jackson, Inc.”), author Michael Bush (“The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson”) and author Joe Vogel (“Man In The Music”). Just last week, XSCAPE was nominated for a Billboard Music Award, affirming again the timeless appeal of Michael’s magic and music.
- Michael Jackson ONE is a sonic, tonic fusion of acrobatics, dance and visuals that takes the audience on an immersive journey through the music and spirit of Michael Jackson.
- Driven by Michael’s powerful, multi-layered music – heard like never before in a riveting, state-of-the-art surround-sound environment – ONE takes the audience through a series of seamless visual and musical tableaux, at the heart of a world that is in turn majestic, playful, magical and heart-warming.
- In Michael Jackson ONE, Michael’s artistry and spirit are expressed through the vibrant energy of the cast of 63 dancers and performers, underscored by aerial performance, driving acrobatics, and vivid choreographies that use the urban/hip hop idiom as a springboard for exploration.
- ONE is a heartfelt tribute to the work, innovative spirit, and legacy of Michael Jackson – the King of Pop, the genius, the visionary, the One.
Cirque du Soleil
- From a group of 20 street performers at its beginnings in 1984, Cirque du Soleil is now a major Quebec-based organization providing high-quality artistic entertainment. The company has close to 4,000 employees, including 1,300 performing artists from close to 50 different countries.
- Cirque du Soleil has brought wonder and delight to more than 155 million spectators in more than 300 cities in over forty countries on six continents.
- For more information about Cirque du Soleil, visit www.cirquedusoleil.com.
- Like Michael Jackson ONE on Facebook or Tweet us: @Cirque #MJOne.
Source: VegasNews.com & MJWN